The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Nova_Cobra64

Issues w/ T-56 Magnum behind LS3?

Hey all, not quite sure yet if I've hit a snag here or what. I am quite certain I want to put a t-56 Magnum (with hydraulic clutch) behind my GMPP LS3. At least after comparing opinions and whatnot of the aftermarket offerings I feel this is the best route. I've sent out quite a few quote requests in the last while, the only one to respond at all was Hurst Drivelines. Scott sent me an e-mail last night suggesting I call their tech line first as there are some issues with the setup that are best discussed over the phone. I tried calling them this morning and it looks like they are only open monday to friday. I'll call again first thing monday and hopefully get the ball rolling.

I figure in the meantime it would be nice to get a sense of what I might be up against as at this time I am not aware of any "serious" (given the circumstances of the build) complications with this setup. I fully expect to do some transmission hump modifications and realize the driveshaft is going to need some work (maybe go to a 1 piece with the t-56 being so long???). Does anybody else know of any other issues with this setup?
2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote