The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
HTX86chevy

looking for a bit more power any advice?

OK, first off let me start by saying that there is nothing wrong with the engine that I currently have. it picks up smooth, its fast (90mph), and you would never no the car was on at idle unless i rev it up....... I havent had any issues so far for the 1.5 years that I've owned her. However, It just doesn't have that power that I would like to have. My wife's 5.9 dodge durango 2wd is a beast and I would love for my truck to be somewhat equal to that of its power.

I have a buddy that has a 5.3 LS motor and he swears that it would make all the difference in what im looking for, but I thought that my 5.7 was greater than the 5.3!? am I missing something in this equation?

I have a bone stock 5.7 350 and a th700r tranny . this all came out when i brought up the idea of maybe converting to a stroker. he said that his motor would be better and more affordable...... ANY ADVICE WOULD REALLY BE GREAT.