The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
Binderman

Inside front tire wear.

Had to replace the 98 burb so the wifey found a clean 2X O7 with factory 20's. It has less than 50,000 miles on it and is on its second set of tires I would guess. I noticed the rear tires (which have been rotated at some point) show wear on the inside edge of both tires. Now I know the camber is out of specs, but this seems to be an inherant problem with the later model trucks. I drive a 09 at work and since new it has wore the inside edge of the front tires. Also three of my co-workers drive late model Burbs/Tahoes/Yukons and they too show this same pattern.

My guestion to the board is what have you done to fix the issue. Factory alignment specs arent correct obviously so whats is the fix? More positive camber when doing the aligment? Aftermarket alignment "kit"?

I am throwing out some thoughts here, but could added load be it from internal weight (occupants and gear) or outside forces being mainly down forces on the massive front end be part of the cause?

My 98 has nearly 200k miles on it and it never wears tires. What has changed?

Help me save a grand worth of tires when the time comes.

Sorry for the LENGTHY first post.

THANKS ALL!!

Last edited by Binderman; 04-22-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spellin
Binderman is offline   Reply With Quote