The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
vintage_car

opinions wanted on truck built to sell

Guys I entered into my 48' project knowing that the end result would be selling it. I doubt I will make back what I have invested, I can always hope, but as we know it never goes by the budget. I have been building it loosely around the s10/rat rod theme. I know some don't like the term rat rod, I don;t know what else to call it. It really isn't ratty accept the body. the frame has been blasted and painted, entirely tore down and rebuilt the engine, new bushings, shocks, new wiring will be going in, new brakes and lines. The body is where I'm really torn. Do I repair all the rust and just prime those panels, which would ruin the overall patina. Do I just leave the rusty corners and door jambs? The floors were repaired with sheetmetal, not real LMC panels, just flat panels as was the firewall. Those are the 2 areas that I touched. It doesn't have air suspension, which I know might add to resale, but just wasn't in the budget. No heat/AC when I purchased the truck, and I have not put it in the 'to do list'. I have been debating on upgrading the rims, again not 100% confident I want to drop a grand in new rims/rubber since it will be going out the door. I'm trying to think resale on it and getting as much as I can get, and so I'm trying to focus my money towards that. I know it is difficult since everyone has a different taste, so maybe the entire post is a non-issue and I just build it and call it finished when I see fit?

This is not a for sale ad, I'm not done with he truck, and I do know I will want to keep it for little bit to enjoy, but ultimately it will be going to a new home. I look forward to the constructive opinions.
Attached Images

vintage_car is offline   Reply With Quote