The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
matthew79

Re: Project Swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hick View Post
Matthew,

Could you give me a little more info on these lights?

I have tried googling Hella and WME but I have not been able to find what you posted...

Do they make kits specially designed for these blazers (I'm acctually looking into them for a truck style but I think they are all the same)

Or is this a kit you have managed to build your self by knowing what you need?

Thank you,

Scott
Here are the housings I got and here is the HID kit. There's an issue I've run into with the Hella housing because there are these three "tabs" that come out from the back of the bulb and they prevent the housings from fitting flush with the inner mounting ring. This thing:
So we're going to either have to cut those tabs off but that might break the housing or cut small slits in the rings so the tabs will fit through. I think that's the most logical solution. I guess these headlight housings weren't made with 40 year old trucks in mind!

If you want to run hids the "right" way you're supposed to put them in a projector housing but if you've ever seen what those look like for our era of trucks... If I'm blinding other drivers I'll just go back to stock because those projectors are hideous!
matthew79 is offline   Reply With Quote