The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2003, 12:21 AM   #1
GMC69

Question I need Input before I start!

After 2 years, and now have access to my truck again( moved out of town), 69 GMC fleetside long box. I want to get it out of "storage" and get some work done to it. Before I start I wanted some input,

So this is what I have planned for the truck: install power steering and power brakes off of my donner truck ( approx an 83 pickup) also convert from drum to disc brake, change my staight six to a v-8 and of course lower it. Now since I have my donner truck should I swap the front suspension, ( would it then be easier to convert to disk brake, power steering and lower) or keep my current suspension and work with that.

I was thinking of just getting drop coils and drop shocks for the 4 corners since it is a coil suspension on it now and it's cheaper. But if I convert the front suspension then I would get drop spindles.

Any comments or help is greatly appreaciated, oh and one really important thing, does anyone know a place to get my parts in Canada, preffereably in Ontario, since duty costs and freight will kill me on a few things i have planned later.

My baby in storage

The donner truck

More pics to follow once I get her back in the light of day.

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags

Last edited by GMC69; 07-23-2003 at 08:28 AM.
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote