The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
Grimee

Re: Make it handle

Hey Everyone this is my 1st post here Ive read this thread a few time and i am impressed with Robs Knowlege and willingness to share . that being said I have a couple of questions for Rob or any one else that wants to chime in with advice. I am currently finishing a build on my 1998 2 door 2wd tahoe that we are setting up to autocross it has chopping block upper and lower control arms set up for coilovers 1 1/4 speedway eng front solid sway bar and Baer tracker tie rods to help correct bump steer and Baer 15 inch rotors and 6S calipers the rear has Early Classic Trailing arms narrowed rear end (6 inchs) panard bar,Baer 14inch rotors with 6s calipers and a cantilever set up for the coil overs the rocker arms are 2 to 1 ratio so I will end up with about 8 inches of total travel and a 1 inch hollow speedway eng. rear sway bar. Front weight 2280 rear weight 1860 any suggestions on spring rates ? I am currently working with ride tech and waiting for there new stuff But I have a set of Romics sitting here should i run what I have or go with the new Ride Tech stuff They seem to know whats up . I will be at the Truckin Throwdown and the good guys in Pleasonton if they will let me run ,not quite sure what class they would put me in .Any help would will be appreciated .I also plan on running any other autocross events we can get to here in Ca. Next question Tires? what is everyone else running I have a set of 20's on the tahoe who makes a decent tire that is legal at these events? also if there is a thread that is better suited to the 88 to 99 body style if so can i get a link ,all of you guys are building and running earlier truck so if these ?s are to far off topic let me know

Last edited by Grimee; 05-01-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Grimee is offline   Reply With Quote