The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
f.monroe

1970 SWB bed

Here is a complete 70 short fleet bed. It has sat outside and unattended for a couple years . The bed sides are useable. A couple dents but not rusted . The floor feels solid but is covered in surface rust to some scaly rust areas. It apparently had a toolbox in front and the very front of the drivers side has a hole in it. I imagine u would want to weld a small patch in that area at least . There is some sort of bracket welded in the bed you would have to remove. It looks like you could get it out without doing any more damage to the bed except the drivers front welded area. You would need to remove it and replace the inside lip of the quarter panel about 2.5" long. They welded directly to it . Over all it is a complete fairly solid bed . The guy decided to sell it after all these years and go another direction . If anyone is interested in it , I prefer that you look at it in person so you know what you are buying . I hang out on the 73-87 side and I do not know the value of these years so I told him I would list it at his price . New price $1000 . I will check back regularly in case there is interest in it . I can be reached at 979-218-2936 if you would like to see it in person .
Frank
Attached Images

Last edited by f.monroe; 05-07-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: price change
f.monroe is offline   Reply With Quote