The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
Rreemo

Another question on window regulators

Ok, I'll start by saying that I went into this knowing it was going to be a PITA...but man was I ever underestimating that one.

72', I got a brand new regulator from Kenny's along with all new door seals, division felt, etc. Started back together in the correct order...rear lower channel losened, cleaned and greased all the roller channels, installed the new regulator, then the glass...tested it up and down once...rolled up and down good. I then installed the new rubber channel along the rear and up around top of the door....window still rolled up and down good. Then I moved on to the wing window assy....got it installed fairly painlessly. Once it was in I test the window up and down again....first time up was perfect...down was perfect....however, tried going up a second time and it ain't happening. It feels like the regulator is in a bind....I tried loosening the rear lower channel and the wing assy...still feels the same. I am certain that I am not binding in any of the channels. I finally got a little impatient and forced it with one hand while pulling up on the windcow with the other....got it to go up but it takes ALOT of effort and many times like this will for sure strip it or break the gear in it.

Once up it still goes down really easy...actually, I noticed that I don't even have to roll it...if I just push down on the window the crank will spin and the window goes right down....which does not seem correct at all. Does this sound like a screwed regulator? Is there any additional adjustments in this thing that I am missing?...beyond the rear track and movement of the wing assy?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
00=ss=00
Rreemo is offline   Reply With Quote