The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
pdxhall

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

I went and picked up another hood for my 66. the front brace on mine is rusted through on the passenger side so I thought I could use pieces from both and make one good hood. Turned out to be in pretty good shape and the front brace has no rust so I'm in business. I also picked up an original aluminum front grill for $20 bucks with a few dings, etc. but seems to be totally fixable. I was just wondering what these grills are going for these days? I was thinking they are getting hard to find. Was this a good deal or not? I am also wondering if any of you Portland area guys restore these or no someone that does?
I also prepped and got some primer on the power steering gear I picked up which cleaned up real nice and painted my front bumper brackets and motor mount brackets.
This weekend my son and a couple of friends are coming over to help me push the truck out of the garage and turn it abound so I can start on cleaning up and rebuilding the rear suspension, etc. (I've got limited room in my garage)