The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Door Window Restoration Questions

Sorry, this is long winded.

I removed the door windows and ventilators on my '65 C10 Pickup today. As with everything else on my truck all these parts appear to have been taken apart at one time by one of the numerous previous owners.

The window regulators have been previously replaced, as well as the door locking mechanisms. That's a good thing, they all work well.

I have a question and can't seem to find an answer after having done the disassembly and after reviewing my '63 and '65 Shop Manuals. I think perhaps the previous owner didn't have things assembled correctly.

My question:
The glass sets in a "sash channel". On my truck the sash channel was not fastened to the glass, on either side of the truck. I merely pulled the glass out. The sash channel was slid over (2) rollers of the window regulators. I slide the sash channel forward to disengage the rear roller, then backwards to disengage the front roller.

Based on what I am seeing, it appears the window regulator back roller is designed to slide into the sash channel, and the front roller pushes under the sash channel? Is that correct??
That would explain why my windows always had a gap at the top front when the windows were rolled up.

Oh, and another thing. Where did you get your window fuzzies and did you buy the ones with the chrome bead or the black bead? I read on another post that the black ones rust soon after installation.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

John

Last edited by lakeroadster; 05-10-2011 at 06:48 PM.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote