The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
Kinghat

1968 Malibu "Grandma"

I've never posted a build thread, but I just bought a new project. An old acquaintance is going through the big D and didn't have any room for his family's car. His grandmother bought it in 1969 at a local dealership that is still in existence. About ten years ago, a friend of mine did some rust repair at front and rear glass sections, and the PO had cut out some rust in the rear quarters.

The 307/Powerglide combo still runs. I changed plugs on it, changed oil and filter and drove it home. My friend that did the metal work 10 years ago replaced the lower quarter panel metal. I have begun putting the bumpers and trim all back on. I pulled the rear seat this weekend and cleaned it. Next up will be getting the front seat recovered to match the original upholstery and adding a wood Grant wheel.

The plan is to get all mechanicals up to par: install HEI, new sway arm links, cut the coils to lower 2", and get A/C functional. For wheels I plan on buying 17X8 Wheel Vintiques steelies and running some COPO style poverty caps I just won on eBay for $19.99.

Main Goal: 2012 Power Tour with wife and twin girls

Last edited by Kinghat; 05-15-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Kinghat is offline   Reply With Quote