The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
rhodog77

Re: '50 5 window.....s10 swap

Yes, I do believe it is 90 ohm. As far as the setup. The stock s10 fuel sending unit and tank hole was about 4 inches in diameter. My new sending unit is about 2 1/2 inches wide. (I dont remember the exact measurements) but basically my new unit was way to small to fit the stock hole. I made a spacer ring the same size as the stock unit and the bolted my new sending unit to it. I made it from stainless so it wouldnt rust into the tank. BTW, and Im sure you know.....stainless steel suuuxxxx to cut. I had to buy some really good hole saws to get the spacer perfect. Had to use a drill press set on a low setting to get a good cut. I bought a new snap lock ring to lock the spacer into place. Since the stock s10 sending unit had the fuel lines running thru it i had to add my own fuel lines directly into the tank. I just drilled out 3 holes (different size lines) added a main, a return and a vent... Not sure if I needed the vent but since the stock sending unit had one I put one it. I got my motor up and running off the tank now and everything is working, so I guess its right. I hope this helps and makes since. BTW I have a few more spacers if you need one, be more than happy to send you one. You might have to adapt it to fit your sending unit but at least its a start. As far as the tank, thats stock?? Here are a few pix.

1970 P10 Stepvan

Last edited by rhodog77; 05-19-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: added pix
rhodog77 is offline   Reply With Quote