The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
jrblanke

New to site, would like a little help pricing this 58 fleetside

Hey guys, My name is James. I have been lurking for a while now and decided to join the board. I introduced myself in the welcome area since I will probably be posting in multiple sections of this message board.

My question is this. I have had my eye on this 58 big back window fleetside for a little while now but am not sure what to offer on it and here are the two reasons why.
  1. The truck does not have a matching numbers drive train but was originaly a 283/auto truck
  2. The truck has a salvage title due to the accident that resulted in the dents een on the pasenger side rear.

It looks like it has some rust in the door, and the winsheild has been busted for about 3 years now, so the dash has been exposed to the elements. I was thinking the truck was worth around $2000. I came up with that number from looking at similar trucks on ebay, as well as what the old car price guide says for a truck in #5 and #6 condition.

Thanks for your thoughts. I am looking forward to learning more on this board.

jrblanke is offline   Reply With Quote