The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
treveiger

Project: Ant broke fix it till it is.

Well last saturday was the day i saw my truck the first time in person and took it home and decided to enjoy it for the summer then this summer do some things to it for making it a daily driver. Well last night i went to pull the motor and tranny out to start these mods and saw a few wonderful things that the PO left for me as surprises... One of my favorite was only having one of the motor mounts bolted in and the other motor mount wasnt connected to the motor(bolt was completely missing), sweet huh. But we started pulling it out and realised the sm465 wont clear the tranny crossmember so we stopped for the night and ill have to finish it later but now the motor/tranny is just sitting in the truck for the time being. I figure i can get some other stuff for the truck for turning it into 5 lugs this summer until i get back out there with some help to remove it the rest of the way(family dont like me doing these things on my own). Heres a list of what i would LIKE to do as of this summer.

1.actually getting the motor and tranny out would be a good start
2.cleaning up the motor and reseal it
3.take the tranny in to have it looked over to make sure its good to go
4.switch the front end to 5lug and once its up and running again do the rear after all that
5.convert it to powerbrakes and replace all the break and fuel lines
6.put straight pipes going out the back into a 26'' magaflow glasspack

As of right now thats all i can think offtheres a little things that i wont bore you with until i do it, heres some pics of the truck.
The prius is my step mothers we took it out to get the truck, the truck and that are quite a different ride

Last edited by treveiger; 05-30-2011 at 02:18 PM.
treveiger is offline   Reply With Quote