The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
jcaugmented

Re: In the beginning there was a 69 party (eyebrows up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRod68 View Post
Well, since you asked, I will offer up my 2 pennies.

I think the pancaked hood would look great, but you were talking about elegance and smooth lines. I think the 69-72 front end doesn't really fit the bill. A pancaked hood with a phantom grille would look amazing, but once you put headlights in it, they are ruined.

I really liked the Get Shorty grille and hood combo for the CCT build, but once they chromed the bars and added the head lights, it ruined it. (http://www.customclassictrucks.com/t.../photo_01.html)

With all that, I must say the 67-68 front clip hold true to the sleek and beauty these trucks can show. With the dash being completely different with a steady flowing body line, I think the 67-68 clip will prove to be better. (This is why i am changing mine back to a 68 clip)

I'm not saying that a 69-72 front end is horrible, just don't think it will flow right with the you smoothing everything.

Sorry for the ramble....
I agree with you 100%. The 67-68 is a much better look hands down. I've got some pondering to do. Thanks for the input it is very appreciated.

I'm a big fan of the get shorty build. There are cues that drive me nuts about the over all look but at the same time. I like looking at it... Its crazy.
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
old school stagger / with new school swagger !! sorry just felt like Ryming
In case your wondering:
The front: 17x7 245/45/17 Kumho Ecsta XS
The Rear: 17x11 315/35/17 Kumho Ecsta XS
jcaugmented is offline   Reply With Quote