The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
55metalmonkey

got my frame back

I just got my frame back from the media blaster last week and started painting it with POR-15, I coated it with the metal ready and waited a couple days for the rinse to dry off. I really dont want this to rust again with all the effort put into this so far

After I started spraying the POR I thought to myself that a rotisserie would be very helpfull, I hate waiting for dry times just to do the other side and then hopeing I can get enough guys to help flip the frame, oddly enough when you have to flip the frame twice for each of the 5 + coats that are going on it it gets harder and harder to convince the guys to come over just for the few minutes it thake to flip a few hundred pounds of steel ... also it makes the whole process longer especialy when you just want to make some progress.

I'm sure this has been brought up before but a couple spare engine stands make a good base for a rotisserie and long as your not moving it in and out of the shop but great for spinning the frame so you can sprayboth sides and into all the tight spots. Now that the POR is on I have to spray the tie coat then the top coat (metalic grafite colour)
Attached Images

55metalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote