The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
pockets

Is it wrong??

To not be done with one project and get another?!

I haven't quite yet finished my 87 build and low and behold my brother in law has a 64 SWB that had a buyer that never showed up. So, I can get it for the family price of $1500. Naturally I have NOT discussed this with the wife yet

I went and looked at it today. The body is in pretty good shape, better than I expected. Looks like it only has one paint job on top of the factory one, there are a couple of spots in the usual places like the fender wells, but nothing serious that I could see.

Interior looked pretty good and I pulled up some of the carpet and didn't see any holes or big issues there either.

It has some lame stock 350 and a 350 trans which would either get ditched or maybe rebuilt, depending on what direction I took it. It hasn't run in a while, but he has no issue starting it up if I want to hear it run.

I don't know a ton about these trucks, but it has 6 lug wheels and I have no idea what the rear end is yet. It certainly didn't look like a 10 bolt and the cover didn't look like a 12bolt. He wasn't there so I couldn't really ask at the time.

I have always loved these body styles so I'm really tempted, and I've seen some really awesome builds on here which makes it worse. I've heard that some front suspension and brake stuff can be swapped from the 73-87 trucks. is that true?

Unlike my 87 I'd probably drop this one, maybe slam it down with bags with old school steelies and whitewalls or do something like the 22's that Delmo had on his 65.

The gears are spinning...