The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
Mackie

Newbie here from PA

Hi all.
I don't know why I never checked your board out much, I have it bookmarked. I've been posting on the CT 60-66 Tk forum for a couple of years now. I posted a question to The HAMB about air bags for the rear of my `63 C-10 and when the replies were light "Grumpy" suggested I ask over here and that it was a widely visited board for our trucks.

My `63 is a Short Fleet, small window with a 283 and now a T5 upgrade from a 3 spd. The truck had a "finished" look when I bought it, done in a street rod persona. Even though it really wasn't my look I bought it because it was reasonably solid was a stick and the little mouse ran strong. I drove it home from about 125 mi. away. It had a (OMG) Holley 750 dp on an Edel. Performer with stock rams horns and rusty 2" duals. It was surpisingly streetable but I swapped the carb out for an Eddy 600 and now it's running a Holley 350 two burble. Exhaust was wrecked out for a pair of ceramic block huggers into stainless, merged in the right wheelwell then single 3" and straight thru muff, outside the frame behind the rocker then turned out behind the rear wheel.

Changes I made for modern driveability are: PS, non-power front discs with dual MC, bench seat out of a `92ish Dorf F-150, 3pt. seatbelts and the T5. Bad body work under the nice dk. metallic blue and hand striping is rearing it's ugly head. Well, I wanted a different color and look anyway.
I rebuilt the front end with drop spindles and new coils. I modified a receiver hitch from a Toyota and rigged a spare tire winch right in front of that. I work this truck; lovingly.

I'll post later about my rear air spring question and some others... if I may?

Mackie
Attached Images

Mackie is offline   Reply With Quote