The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #11
boucher racing

Re: Inline 250 - T3 Turbo - w/ Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkpyl View Post
Your truck is awesome! I have been tinkering with my 67 for over 2 years now and want to put a turbo on it. I have the turbo along with a clifford 4bbl intake and headers but not sure which direction to go. Your idea with the stock intake/exhaust look like a good alternative I hadn't even considered. Any updates? Keep up the great work. Subscribed

I wanted to keep the stock look of the intake/exhaust manifolds, just make them flow better. I hogged the factory 1bbl out to accept a 2bbl. I figured I would try it, if it didn't work, I would buy an Offenhauser. It seems to be working just fine. I believe with the Clifford, you cannot run the factory exhaust manifold, so running a simple J-pipe, as a charge pipe to the turbo would not work.

I have changed the springs out in the HEI and it runs even better. I had the heavy springs and it was not advancing quickly enough, causing a rich bog. I may even try the lightest springs and see how it reacts. I switched out the 31 for a #28 squirter and changed the accelerator pump cam to the white one in position 1. It is all fine tuning from here on, the AEM uego is a huge help. I highly recommend.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587639
boucher racing is offline   Reply With Quote