The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Well, The Windows Are Going In

Still a long way away from driving her. I guess it goes that way with a one-man project.

Even so, I have a new seat that my wife wants out of the extra bedroom. And the seat does not like cats. And the "shop dog' wants to chew on my wiring.
So, after the doors went on, I decided to put the windows in. The doors were completely bare of all parts. I have donor doors for parts and comparison.

I put in the newly rejuvenated wing windows (cleaned up) in an hour the other day. Sadly, back out with them, it turns out to get the windows in.
I managed to get the parts lined up (windows and window crank for now....door handles and locks next). I "horsed" everything in doing no damage to
the glass coating. Maybe a little.... It's a driver.

Nasty job for a guy that's never done it before. I got pretty proud of myself until I put in the felt that goes over the top, down thru the window sill next to the door lock,
and then along the channel that screws into the door jam with one screw, and screws to the inner door skin with two big round-head machine Phillips.

Here's today's problem:

I couldn't get the felt to lay down so the window runner (the part that the window sits on/in) will ride freely up and down.
In hour of being either pissed, sweaty, or calculating and "sensitive". No luck.

I took the part the runner rides in (the channel) out and in six times. Tried to feed the felt up thru the channel...I did about everything
I knew how to do. I decided, "I'm just gonna cut this S.O.B"...Then, I knew it was time to call it quits and ask you folks for help.

The window's in, wind-wind, crank, runners, but I left the internal channel out for now until I could get the felt gasket (runner?) in. .
The felt is just "running free" until I can get some help.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Attached Images

But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 06-12-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Cain't Spel
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote