The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
That looked scary. Glad you got the bed home safe and sound. If it was me I would have scratched it one way or another.
It was a white knuckle ride. The ride to my work was the worst. I had to stop 3 times to tighten straps. This time it stay tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtechX View Post
I hear you about the blocking part....I go a little bit more insane everytime I see or have to deal with grey dust. I think I may have sucked up a bit too much over the last 9 months...lol. Hopefully things will go as planned and paint will be on my truck soon.
Good luck with your paint job.

I must be really insane after 15 years of being around this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966chevytrucks View Post
Nice you have got this restoration thing all figured out. Awesome body work.
You would think so, but I keep running into set backs. I've learned and still learning what not to do.

I got a little upset today. When I realized I need to repaint my grill mounting panel, inner fenders and cowl screen. Note to self.....Buy more than enough material and only use that. I had our paint supplier mix my first gallon of single stage. Later on I mixed the same paint code at work they are both PPG and the color I mixed was darker. Another lesson learned. The middle of the HL mount panel is the right color, but the last time I painted it I dusted some color on the ends of it where I sanded thru.

On a good note me and Shannon got the bed on and rolled it outside for some glamour shots.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote