The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
55metalmonkey

CPP frame mounted brake question

I'm down to the last 2 of the kit parts that came with my truck, BTW I picked the truck up as a project the PO didn't have the time to complete.... the good thing was that he wasn't a hack and didn't cheap out on parts (+ for me)

I have a frame mounted dual cyl brake booster from CPP and the proportioning block/ valve. I had to move the block to the frame vs under the brake booster to clear the trans cross member..... no big deal and I think it looks better on the frame anyway.

the problem is that I don't have the instructions for this paticular piece and the CPP tech article section doesn't have a great deal of pics to help with understanding the write up.

To the best of my knowledge the PO bought the proper kit for a 4 corner disc brake set up since that is what he already converted when I picked up the project, the truck has a camaro rear with disc and camaro front clip with disc

On the proportioning vale there are 5 ports on the last pic I labled them a,b,c,d,e.
My question is what goes where? I know a & b go to the brake booster but c,d,and e have me a little stumped.
The options I can think of are
1:
c--- front left
d--- front right
e--- to rear split with tee left and right

2:
c--- capped
d--- front with tee split left and right
e--- to rear with tee split left and right

3:
c---front with tee split left and right
d---rear with tee split left and right
e--- capped

4: cross corner euro style
c--- front right and rear left
d--- front left and rear left
e--- capped

5:
c---capped
d--- capped
e--- tee'd to all brakes with ajustable propotioning valve for rear

as you can tell there are lots of options but I'm not sure of how to route the lines using the CPP kit. I'm going to assume that option #1 is right but some experienced input would be very helpfull.
Attached Images

Last edited by 55metalmonkey; 06-18-2011 at 12:55 AM.
55metalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote