The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
rustytrusty

My own IRONHIDE...I have too much free time

Hello, i am pretty new here. In fact this is my first post, but i have been a lurker for a while. This is going to be a bit long, sorry, but I feel I fell I need to explain myself. I am a real hillbilly, and have limited money, but no limit on imagination or willingness to mess things up. Soooo...I got a 78 GMC 6000 for $1000. It was a retired county dump truck with the bed removed but only 71000 miles on it. It has a 350 with a 4 speed, sorry not sure which what tranny, and runs great down the road. I needed a wood hauler, and thought this would be perfect. So it sat in the driveway waiting for a Flatbed to be made. Then my daily driver (an 88 gmc extra cab 1/2 ton) had a pile of problems all at once, and was to be sent to the scrap yard. I went on the web site "BIG ASS TRUCKS" a while earlier, and thought i might as well make an extra cab and then use that bed with some flares over the duallies. My son said something about it looking like Ironhide, so the name stuck. I know this all seems a little silly, but i wanted to drive this thing and with three kids, i need the room. The cabs line up alright. The bed fits almost perfectly as well. Alright that is enough rambling. I am going to get some pictures on here really soon, if anyone is interested in seeing any of this monster. Any comments would be cool, i have no pride left.
rustytrusty is offline   Reply With Quote