The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
irongun324

Wobble that keeps pace with tires...

I have a wobble/oscillating sound, seems to be coming from the front/passenger corner of my 'burb. It has new tires, shocks, alignment, and now wheel bearings. With the wheel bearing it seemed to get better but is still noticeable. There isn't any severe wobble in the steering wheel or floor, just enough that I can hear the oscillating sound that keeps pace with the tires (new tires, balanced supposedly, swapped rims and it didn't follow the rim).

I'm wondering if it could be the ball joints? Or axle bearing?

If I check the wheel for movement, I can grab 6/12 on the wheel and I'm able to pull the bottom towards me less than 1/4 of an inch, but it's not fluid movement. Like the lower ball joint "clicks" towards me, and if I let go it clicks back. Does it both sides, so I wondered if that was normal movement?

ALSO, when I have a vehicle next to me, I hear a "clicking" sound reflected from the rear of the suburban it seems like. This also keeps pace with the tires/axle. Assuming it's not the lower ball joint clicking I talked about above, what could make that sound in the rear?

Thanks guys!
-Trey

PS - If anyone is in North Alabama (Near Huntsville) and familiar with these things, I'll gladly go for a drive to get another opinion.
Dad's: 68 C10 Stepside (work truck condition, runs though)
59 Apache Fleetside (rusted pile of metal - hopefully soon to be father/son project when he cleans out his garage!)

Can see all three of these here
irongun324 is offline   Reply With Quote