The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Daniel 61 Apache

383 stroker for my 61, good deal?

I've decided to yank the 305 for some more power. I've searched and have found a 383 on craigslist for 1200. Below is the craigslist ad and I'll attach a picture of it once I get home. No carb, water pump, or distributor. I'll be looking at the engine this weekend. Ive never had a 383 so I cant comment on how much it'd cost to build one. Does it sound like a good deal to you guys? Also will this be a good engine for my daily driven 700r4 with 4.10 rear gear? Thanks for any advice.

Quote:
I have for sale a 383 chev with less than 500 miles over 3000.00 invested. Block is 030 over align bored studded mains Speedpro Hyper. pistons ductile moly rings comp 280 camshaft 7 qt oilpan motor is balanced. Aluminum LT1 cylinder heads mild port work with 3 angle valve job. This motor is very fast. only reason for selling is that I sold the car and buyer wanted to use his own motor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference....The Marines don't have that problem.

Sic vis pacem, para bellum. -- "If you want peace, prepare for war."
Daniel 61 Apache is offline   Reply With Quote