The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
Leroy-B1

Paperwork Help

Wife has been on me for years to find here a 47-55 truck...its her favorite...anyway finally found one at a good deal its a 48 with a lot of new parts still in the box. The only problem is it doesn't have a vin plate or title that comes with it....normally I would run for the hills but I have known this truck and old man that owns it for some time and know there is nothing shady with the truck. He used it on the farm and never sent the title off as he only used it on the farm and never tagged it. Bought a bunch of restoration parts and was going to restore it a few years back and then lost his wife and never touched it again it sat in his barn. He tells me about it and when I look at it I notice it doesn't have a vin and I ask him about the title and he told me the story about it only being on the farm and that he never noticed there was no vin plate...would like to buy it and restore it just was wondering if anyone knew where I might find a plate and some paperwork for this?
Leroy-B1 is offline   Reply With Quote