The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
BMERDOC

What Did You Do At Work Today?

I don't know if anybody has ever done this so I'd like to. I have a project I'm workin on at work and I'd like to share it with you. If you do something cool share it!
I will preface this by sayin that I did check the site and I have determined that this is a proper place to thread this. This isn't a personal project and I don't normally look at anything other that the 67-72 MB. So if a moderator moves it sorry.
I am working on a 2002 745Li. This job pays me 40 hours labor to replace a .92 o-ring! It costs the customer $5000 in labor and $574 in parts. Let me state that I am not ripping the customer off! This is the going rate and although there are quicker ways of doing it I have to do it in a BMW approved manner.
The first picture shows that I have removed the bumper skin, bumper reinforcement and cooling module (fan, radiator, oil cooler, trans cooler and power steering cooler). The second shows the belts, tensioners, water pump, water cooled alternator and intake manifold removed along with associated wiring harnesses and hoses. The third is a close up of the motor just before I clocked out and the last is a picture of the small hole that coolant leaks from because of the o-ring degredation. I'll post more as I go along.
REMEMBER! If you do something cool (yes a office ceiling full of sharpened pencils counts) POST IT!!
Attached Images

2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!

Last edited by BMERDOC; 06-24-2011 at 11:46 PM.
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote