The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
55metalmonkey

Question exhaust ?

I'm about to run my exhaust but have a question or two. I'm debateing my options at this point
Has anyone routed their exhaust on a 55-57 stepside and had the tip dump out in front of the rear tires? or even behind the rear tires? if so does anyone have any pics even with rounded tips?

My initial thought is to come from the shorty headers to a H pipe then to a pair of Flowmasters and have them exhaust in front of the rear tires through a set of custom SS tips that I was going to make and mount under the front step. The tip would be a flat pan style, rounded to blend in with roughly 1.5"x 10" opening in it.
obviously no one would have a pic of the tip I want but I'm just curious as to what it would look like...... any opinions?

My other options are to do the same thing but dump it out behind the rear tires or to just run it back to the roll pan like most people do but like the idea of having something a little different.
any input would be great

Last edited by 55metalmonkey; 06-29-2011 at 12:47 PM.
55metalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote