The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
50-MO

Need some opinions please!

First off, this is a great forum and I was very excited when I ran across this today.

My wife and I have fell in love with the early 50's bodystyle several year ago while attending the Grand Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, TN. We have wanted one for many years and as I was driving down the road last week I found one!

It was not the exact style or condition in which I wanted but it was a start! The truck is titled as a 1950 but VIN decodes as a 1949 build, 3800 1-Ton truck, (has 52 doors on it). Regardless the previous (original) owner has placed this body on a mid-70's 3/4 ton chassis with Dana 60 front and rear. Although I love 4x4's I am not sure that this is how we should keep this truck, we have always enjoyed the sleek body lines and low stance of the 2WD models.

I am fairly mechanically inclined and capable of doing most all of the work needed to rebuild this beast. What I am looking for are opinions! Should we ditch the current chassis and start over or try and make this one a bad ass 1950 4x4?

Obviously working with what we have is more cost effective but I am not overly concerned with that right now. Opinions please.... Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

50-MO is offline   Reply With Quote