The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Scored a '70 SWB factory Big Block truck!

It was delivered today (Thanks Tim!). I have been working a deal on it over the last week or so (hence my gold and white pics thread) I have been wanting another SWB fleetside since the minute I sold my red '69, and I have finally found what I always wanted. It's not a fully loaded truck, but it has most of the good stuff. It is a CST with the BB, TH400, A/C, P/S, P/B, body molding and black interior. The SPID matches the VIN tag, and is in very good shape and legible. I have a pair of bucket seats and tach out a LWB '69 BB CST that are most likely going to end up in this truck. The body is a little rougher than I would have hoped, but I have bunch of rust free, dent free sheet metal wearing factory paint that I have been hoarding to use for something special. This is my something special!

The engine is original, but is going to need a little work. It was said to have been running, but had an intake swap that was never finished. The oil looks good (no mixing, fairly clean), it has antifreeze in the radiator, it spins over fine with no noise, and all the lifters are moving, so I think the PO was telling the truth about it. I'll know more about it a few days now that I have it here. I'm probably going to rebuild it anyway, but I am going to try to get it running to see where I'm at with it.

I can't wait to get started. I've always wanted one, and I plan on making this a very nice truck. I'm planning on sticking with the gold and white, but I may do a white 2 tone on the bottom to throw a little more color to it. As I said before, I'm probably going to add a few desirable factory options (buckets, tach, maybe tilt) that should have been there anyway (DANTIP called them birth defects - I love that term) I'm stoked! Here are a few pics:
Attached Images

'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote