The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
67Mach1

Burned out and Tired (a personal rant)

Greetings, I have been a member here for a few years now and had great fun buying parts, selling trucks and parts here, as well as learning and meeting good people.

However, I'm pretty burned out on the 67-72 Chevy truck seen right now. I've spent way too much time over the past few years gathering trucks and parts trying to find someting that was either different or speical and not nearly enough time working on my truck. The end result is a partially built 67 GMC with a 454/400 and a bunch of other things that simply need to go.

I've been trying to sell most of my inventory and parts over the past year with some success and some failures that ultimately let to me junking trucks might have been salvageable(just not by me).

Recently I've been trying to sell some bigger ticket items. My buddy buckets sold right away (figured they would), I've even given parts to friends to have them used, but the trucks are not selling. I dont know if its too high a price, their location (not in Austin but about 1.3 hours away), their condition, or someting else. The end result is that I'm now even more frustrated than I was before because I gathered too much stuff and perhaps made bad decisions.

While I'm not giving up on the trucks 100%, I'll be keeping the 67 GMC and some of my parts. And out at the farm the trucks/suburbans most likely stay till they rot away or I scrap/part it out.

For now I'm burned out and tired. I used to think about how someone could start projects and not finish them. Now I know....

Not gone but backing away slowly.....to evaluate the situation.

67 GMC Shortbed 454 Project
more junk and most of it
is for sale
67Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote