The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #34
frednoah
86 Scottsdale

Re: Project: 69 C10 "Junk Yard Dog"

Been a while since an update so here we go.

Picked up some new shiny stuff back in April at the autofair. Got a new rearview mirror, new 71-72 style sport mirrors for the doors, some new lenses for the park lights in the grill, and new reverse lenses. Also got a reverse light housing to replace the one that keeps eating bulbs. All of that stuff is yet to be installed.

A little over a month ago I had to change the stop light switch because the brake lights wanted to stay on 24/7. Man was that a job I hope to never do again. Spent an hour basically laying on my head/surgically repaired shoulder trying to fit my hands in a space made for a 3 year olds arm.

Once I got the stoplight switch out, I was feeling good about things, so I pulled the dash cluster out and replaced all of the bulbs hoping to get some light. Put everything back in, plugged it up, and you guessed it....nothing. All the guages work, just can't seem to see them at night.

The next project was changing out the battery tray. This job went ok, with the exception of skinning up every knuckle on one hand trying to get those damn bolts on the radiator side started. Oh and getting bit by some spider that made me sick for a few days.

I know I know... by this time you're all thinking so I'll get to the one update that allows you to actually see progress.
frednoah is offline   Reply With Quote