The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
jocko

Hey, no wonder I couldn't find an S10 T5 shifter....

hurst used to make an S10 shifter for the T5. Lots of us on here have done or are planning a T5 swap. My T5's shifter was like a wet noodle, so I wanted to buy a Hurst replacement. The part numbers were 3910029 and 3910033 - but they were discontinued and I couldn't find one ANYwhere - Jegs, Summit, Hurst, ANYwhere. Then I stumbled onto them on ebay - turns out the guy selling them bought out ALL of Hurst's inventory of the discontinued shifters. Anyway, GREAT resource - if you need on, just go to ebay motors and search for the above part number (Hurst) and you'll find it - or you can google the part numbers and eventually you'll get there.

One tip - he sells them with 13" sticks - Hurst and Lokar both make 16.5" sticks (and I already had one). Then I noticed he also sells the shifter itself with NO stick or ball. That's what I should've bought, but that was my own fault. Anyway, just wanted to pass along for those doing T5 swaps.

Also, the Hamilton T5 adapter plates are out of stock for approx 3 weeks. Spoke with one of the owners today and he's switching foundries. Nice gent, but I'm hoping it doesn't stretch out too much - it's the only part I need to start reassembly. Ugh. I'm just glad someone makes an adapter plate - it's the best way to get the T5's splines properly located (in my pea brain). I really wanted to avoid cutting the input shaft and adjusting spline spacing because, who knows, maybe someday I'll want to sell that trans!

All for now.
jocko
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote