The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
propanemudtruck
Local Redneck Authority

I feel like Nancy Kerrigan - WHY ME!

So I decide to drive "Smoky" the 69 Chevy to work today. 1/4 tank of fuel, I'll stop by the station 3 miles from me to fill up just because I've got time - the pumps don't work today. So i finish my 11 mile trip with one 4 way stop to work, she dies in the parking lot and won't start - out of gas. So i push it into a parking spot.

While at work, these sweet storms roll through and knock out power at home. No worries babe, I'll run to the g-parents after work and pick up their spare generator! Just call and let them know...

After work, my co-worker drives to her friend's house around the corner, fills up a 5 gallon can and meets me next to the truck. Thanks Kelli! Dump about 3 gallons in the tank, a splash in the carb, she's alive and well! Dump the rest in, head to the parts store for some oil. Yes, I call her Smoky because the new race engine I dropped in won't quit burning oil. I'm hoping that I'll be able to drive it until it stops smoking.

After parts store, head to the petro station in town. Fill 'er up - click. Wiggle the battery terminals - click. Find a wrench, loosen the terminals, wiggle, tighten, good to go.

Head south of town to pick up the generator, my wife's grampa gives me his old "LOUD" generator that he hasn't used in a few years, we load up his new diesel generator just in case and I head back north to home.

All the sudden the truck acts like there's something stuck under the gas pedal at about 1200 RPMS. every time I hit that spot it gets worse. Head through town, back towards home and decide it would be a good idea to check out this issue. - Something in the linkage, something visual? Nope - the butterfly on the 2jet is stuck. Not moving no matter what I do with the linkage.

So I call home, my father in law is over - Hey grab my diesel, a strap and come get me please!

We pull out of the parking lot I was waiting in, and crack! - stone kicks up and chips the nice smooth windshield. Just had to have something go wrong after the rescue mission!

So now, I've got my new truck that is still burning oil, needs a new carb and has a nice chip right in front of me on the windshield. Time to park it until I have the drive to pull the engine from my 71 4x project to drop in for now... Then I'll tear that 355 down and freshen it up I guess, with that brand new summit carb I've been wanting to try out!

Enough with my rant, it's bed time. Chiao everyone!

four on the floor feel the beat in your soul
movin to the rhythym pumpin til ya cant take no more
dance if you want to do what you came to
you cant ignore the feeling of that four on the floor
propanemudtruck is offline   Reply With Quote