The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
gofastbobby

So how do you handle a frustrating day of working on your truck?

[rant]

I spent too much time today getting the trans back in my truck after a rebuild. I ordered an aftermarket converter and found out the bolt size is different on the new one first thing this morning. I spent the next two hours driving around looking for the right bolts, which i eventually found.

got back to the truck and went to work. got the trans on the jack got it up in place and got the bellhousing bolts in. swapped in the new dipstick tube and somehow ripped the oring on the way in. left that alone for the moment and bolted up the converter, or i tried to. bolt hole circles wont line up. pulled it again, ran down to the store and bought a flexplate that would work with the new converter.

changed flexplate and pulled the dipstick tube out to change the oring. in the process of putting the tube back in i broke the tab on the dipstick to that secures it to the drivetrain, which is exactly why i changed it in the first place. got another dipstick tube.

sent the trans back into position, again, and set the dipstick tube back in place again, completely focused now on the dipstick tube and not the fact that the converter wasn't lined up right and is pinched against the flexplate.

f it, i quit. put the tools away and grabbed a cold beer. now i am sitting in my office and wondering how such a simple task could go soooooooo wrong.

[/rant]

so how do you cope with a tough day of working on your truck?