The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
HalfTon

A new c10 owner

I just want to introduce myself since I just bought a c10 that will be my project and soon to be a daily driver when its done. I bought it for $2100 and I thought it was a pretty good deal. It needs vary little body work but the engine has some problems. The story behind the truck is that it was a farm truck in Illinois, when the original 350 blew the owner stuffed the truck in the back of a grain barn and it sat there for 15 years. Then the second owner bought it and rebuilt the motor and drove it for 2 years. The truck was traded in at a dealer where I bought it. I saw it on craigslist and called the dealer. The owner of the dealer said it there was antifreeze in the oil and that it ran like crap. I went to look at the truck anyway. There was virtually no rust on the chassis and very little rust on the body. I bought the truck a few days later. I rented a uhal auto trailer to haul it back to my house. When trying to load the truck it didnt even have enough power to get itself on the trailer so I knew that the 350 had to come out. Its been to hot and humid to start pullin the motor so its been sittin for now. Im gonna try to figure out how to upload pics from my android so I can show you all. This seems like a great site and Im sure Im gonna need some help sooner or later haha.
HalfTon is offline   Reply With Quote