The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
niceguy678us

Re: 1972 Highlander 6.0/4L80E/LoMax

It's been a while but I had time today to upload a bunch more pics to photobucket so I could make another post.

I re-did the trans cooling lines with AN-6 fittings and braided lines. I used rubber hose from the auto parts store and brass barbed fittings from Lowes initially just to get the truck driving. In the meantime I researched and found the exact fittings I would need to make the permanent lines.

The secret parts that really made it happen were the radiator fittings that have the right bevel and screwed right into the auto trans cooling sockets on one end and with a -6AN male on the other end

Also the special 4L80 fittings that screw right into the case and extend into the pump just like the factory clip fittings. They are available here:
http://www.sweetperformance.com/prod...wCat&catId=243
And here is a pic

Here's a comparison shot with the factory clip fittings

Here are the install pics (the brass 90 fitting coming off the radiator next to the -6AN fitting is for the steam line to the throttle body, I left it like it was since it really is not that vital)

I could not get in the trans tunnel to get any good pics of the lines there. I just screwed the special -6AN trans fittings in place of the factory clip fittings, and put a 90degree swivel -6AN fitting on them.

I also did the vintage air install. When I ordered the kit, I specified that I wanted the high side and low side lines UN-CRIMPED AT THE COMPRESSOR END.

Nothing special there except I had my friend at the local radiator shop crimp the VA high and low side lines to the 2005 truck hard lines at the compressor. Everything else installed like normal with the rest of the kit. And it works great.

Next up is my 1 ton axle swap Dana 60 and 14 bolt M1008 axles.
1959 Apache 3100 SWB Fleetside
2006 VTX 1800f

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ght=highlander
niceguy678us is offline   Reply With Quote