The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
denni89627

New member saying hello, and quick VIN question

Hey everybody, I'm Dennis. I'm in the process of purchasing a '53 half ton from a dealer in Texas. I've been looking for a while and fell in love with this one. It has everything I want (350, disc brakes, nice paint). I live in NY and going to see it in person was out of the question so I hired one of those 3rd party inspection services to check it out mechanically and make sure it's what the dealer represented it as. The inspector sent me about 50 pics and I was very happy with everything. He said it ran great with no rust or body issues. The only thing that scares me is he said there is no VIN tag. I know it has a Texas title so is this a big deal? I did some research here and figured out that the VIN should be in the door jamb only since I obviously don't have the original motor. Do you guys think this is fishy or a problem? It's the only thing about the truck that I'm uneasy about. Maybe this is common for a truck so old, but I'd like to hear from you guys. Thanks and I'm glad to have found the forum. I'll be sure to show you guys some pics when (if, ha) I get the truck.

Dennis
denni89627 is offline   Reply With Quote