The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
MBEXHAUST

Starting my 66 "Hay Wagon" build thread.

Just want to start off by saying what a great forum !! Lots of great info ,good vendors and a wealth of knowledge here from the everyday DIY kind of guys. Very cool. I purchased my first 66 last month and basically fell in love with these things. I quickly found this forum and have decided to build a 65 fleet short into a shop truck / promo truck that I can also use as a daily driver.

I purchased this truck from EBAY . Story goes that is has 32K original miles , was used as a farm truck out in the fields and such. The guy I purchased from bought the truck from this farmer (his neighbor) as the original owner. This is a very basic truck with no radio no gauges ( just idiot lights) no bumper and hub caps. I was driving it down the road the first day I got it and went to open the vents in the foot wells and hay poured out and was flying everywhere ....... so it got the name Hay Wagon.

Its a good solid truck for sure with little to no rust both on the body, frame or floors. They did squirt the truck a couple years ago in a red / orange color to cover up the pantina I guess?

Here are a few pics of when I got it back home here and just today we started ripping it apart. We are taking the engine and trans out of it today then sending the body and frame to my buddy's paint shop to dismantle.

I see there are lots of "builds" going on here on this forum. I hope I can turn this truck into something 1/2 as good as some of the killer builds I've seen here already.

Thanks for looking.

MB
Attached Images

MBEXHAUST is offline   Reply With Quote