The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
botmfedr1

knock offs....anyone have any opinion on this??

Ok, so i bid and won on some molding parts. The seller sent me an email stating that they accidentally sent me the wrong part, and to return them and they would send the correct part...ok- no problem...

But then i got the parts... and i must say, although the packaging does state GM, and it's nearly torn apart, and aged....the parts are pristine!!

My concern....i got screwed. Has this happened to anyone? I mean, the parts are so damn clean, scratch free, and the smaller plastic envelops are partially deteriorated, but the part DOESN'T EVEN FIT IN THE ENVELOPE!!! it will fit in the larger, paper type packaging,,, but it don't make sense...i have seen original parts.. and this don't smell right.

Forget the political way to raise this concern...if i am wrong, and these parts happened to survive 40plus years in storage, (yet the packinging is nearly gone) then i guess i am wrong... but as the saying goes..."don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!!"

Anyone care to offer some words on this before i start raising hell on ebay??

thanks,
Mondo

Name:  image-15.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  image-18.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  39.6 KB

Last edited by botmfedr1; 07-21-2011 at 04:06 PM.
botmfedr1 is offline   Reply With Quote