The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
70cst

My 1st View about the Circuit Rider on the Highway

I got the Circuit Rider back from fine69 (he did an exc. job of fixing the mechanics) and this was my initial ride on the highway under the bright afternoon sun. I must say the ride is quite comfortable for a 40 year old truck and it handles very well. Initially I had to adjust my driving techniques because a 40 year old truck will not have the same driving characteristics of a 2011 Chevy pickup. But…I was really impressed with the overall characteristics of this truck. At 70mph the 402BB just flat out purred and was more than willing to have me push her a little more saying “I can do much more”. But why would anyone want to drive a truck of this vintage 95-90mph is beyond me. Driving this BB truck brought back memories of my teenage years. I couldn’t afford a BB muscle car when I was in my teens, and I still can’t afford one today. Miles per gallon...I check that out later. The Spintechs really emphasizes that there is a BB sitting under the hood at low speeds but the drone was at a minimum at highway speeds. Thumbs up….many of those.
The truck is back at Curt’s this morning for some minor adjustments and I will be picking the Circuit Rider up this Saturday and getting her ready for the Mini Mid Ohio truck Meet.

Very close to being finished...

On the I-71 south of Columbus Ohio...

[/IMG]

Cruising at 70mph (Speedo is off about 5mph.

[IMG][/IMG]

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote