The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
cmhouser

My new but old '69 GMC C10

Thanks to all that replied to me "which to be newb" thread I start a few days ago. I actually found a good running 1969 GMC C10 with a pretty clean body, frame, etc. yesterday. There is rust on the lower cab portion (beneasth the doors) but everything else was clean. Best of all she runs great! Came with a 4 bolt 350 out of a '69 chev van (never even seen those) and a 4 speed manual tranny. Even better - I paid $900.00 for it and another $200.00 for a TON of parts I'll likely sell.

He basically had a cart with parts from his older C10 project like - all glass (complete not cracked at all) except the windshield, Holley 600 carb (good shape) handles, wiring harness, heater parts (from core to controls, window cranks, hood springs, clean fenders, chrome bumpers - and the list goes on and on. I'll be listing all these parts in the for sale section (paid I know) so if anyone wants anything just PM me to see if I have it. He was also selling a pair of clean doors (minus the glass) for $100.00. Think I am going to buy those out of principal.

Now where to start the rebuild!!! I am a total newb who is mechanically inclined but never resto'd anything ever. Thanks again to all that helped and I look forward to posting pics.