The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
ubtripn

Day from heck par 2 - Please Help

Installed my PS stearing gear and pitman arm, (took 5 huors when it should have been 1) drove it down to get an alignment, the "New" ball-joints I just installed were bad and the guy said he wouldn't even use Moog when I asked, he said they used to be good but are now foreign made and have worse quality. He then said Napa has the best ones. Anyway, I had, the week before, installled a new water pump and fan and on the way home it hit 230. After I shut it off it went up to 260 but I do not have any oil in my coolant or vice versa so I think I didn;t warp the heads. I open the hood to check after it cooled down and my hinge pops a rivet and the spring comes off. I then drive 30 miles to a junkyard that has a truck with hinges and am refused entry because I had flip flops on. I come home, put a nut and bolt through the hole, do not fully tighten and then jack-nut it to keep it on. Then I check LMC for the tool to set the spring and it's 5 bucks. It is a t-handle with a hook just like the kind I use for hay so I use my hay hook on the spring and it works awesome. Next I pull the thermostat completely and it still hits 220 in 85 degree heat in the evening after I drive 2 miles.

Can a water pump be bad right out of the box?

A 350 from 69 has no fan clutch right?

Should I replace the rad since I can see calcification?
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote