The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: Rarest 67-72 Trucks

There is rarest by model production numbers and rarest by the finalproduct...a particular model with particular options. Like Josh said,there's the loaded SWB BBC Cheyenne Supers as well as the other loaded top of the line SWBs with biggest motor in a given year,as well as the K/10 model. Then,there are the loaded top of the line K/20s,which are just as desirable to 4wds guys. Any model loaded is more rare and desirable. Then,there are unusually ordered trucks that are hard to find another to compare. I had a '72 K/20 Highland Custom Camper with about every option and a 4spd. I also had a '72 K/10 SWB Custom Fleetside with 292/4spd,a/c,tilt,tach,posi,hooks,wide wheels,wood bed,and more. Then,there was the '69 K/10 CST Custom Camper with auxiliary rear tank,hooks,pinstripe,wood floor,buckets,tach,tilt,wide wheels,a/c,and more. I have never seen other trucks similar to these. A Cheyenne Super Stepside or C/30 is rare. There are lower trim level trucks that have rare combinations of options. It would be really hard to say which truck is the rarest when they could be ordered so many ways. How about a '69 C/30 CST with the 11,000# option? That's the medium duty set-up under a loaded one ton.I have seen one of these.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote