The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
laplander

If you were selling a truck, would you put mags or stock wheels on?

Here's the situation. I traded my K10 and a bunch of parts for a 67 short stepper with the mindset that it will be easier and quicker to sell one of these than list all the parts and truck that I had. My problem is I don't want to go overboard like I do on everything else. I'm just not sure where the point of diminishing return is going to rear it's ugly head.

Here's what I have right now for it.
New Sanderson ceramic coated headers
New 2/4 drop springs.
New Performer intake and carb and dress up items.
15 Turbine American Racing wheels.
New aftermarket seat cover.
Nice black door panels and visors and armrests from a seller here on the board
Muncie M20

I figure the detailing of the engine and swapping VC and intake and carb is a no brainer, everyone likes a nice looking engine. The thing has to have new tires because the ones on it were borrowed from the sellers friend. Should I just get a set of stock wheels and caps and put new BFGs on there, or put them on the Turbine wheels? If I could have found a set of good used tires I would go that route, but evidently 15s are starting to become scarce. So there isn't anyway to save money there. That leads me to the 4 speed, it already has a granny low 4 gear, so it would just be a matter of getting one of those 55-57 bench seat shifters and throwing it in. The Muncie wasn't cheap and would hate to put it in if I was just going to lose money on it. Would the granny low be that much of a turn off to truck buyers? Whaddya guys think? Opinions please. Here's a pic of how she sits now, along with a pic of the style of wheels I was talking about.
Attached Images

laplander is offline   Reply With Quote