The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
meter swinger

opinions on a 68 gmc i'm looking at

i'm considering getting this GMC. as you can somewhat tell by my crummy cell pics from this morning it has issues. it's for sale locally on a car lot, i know the guys fairly well and have bought from him in the past. anyway, i've always wanted a 67-72, but have never jumped on one. this would be the first. ive had three 55-59's and two square's but i don't know much about this series. funny thing about the rig is that it's leave springs in the rear, and 5-lug all the way around. makes me wonder if it's not the original frame or if its really a 68 or a 72? has 454/400 in it. bed floor is beat up, passenger door bottom skin (outer) is rusted out, floor pans look ok. i'm sure ther has to be more rust in it though. overall its pretty rough shape. he's in it for 2300. and wants 3k for it. the price is not so much a concern to me as the condition. at any rate you guys expertise is first rate and i want to know what ya'll think?
jump on it? or pass on it?
THANKS!
Attached Images

meter swinger is offline   Reply With Quote