The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Rebuild on a shoestring.....continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcburdic View Post
Okay, but you know as well as me, that when that happens...the "might-as-wells" start jumping out at ya, then you'll have it all apart, shaving the firewall, and then...etc!!!

J/k Jonathan...I know whatever you do, it'll be nice...plus that front clip is an easy removal....my new motto is if I can't put it in the garage on Friday and have it driving by the following Monday....I'm not gonna do it (BUT Jesse has to remind me of that.....ALOT!!!!!)
I definitely am a "might as well" sufferer

But I have my realist cap on for this build

Drove the truck on the interstate at 65-70 for 1/2hour with no issues....on my way to a shop where we'll be installing patch panels tomorrow and welding some extra door holes. Looking forward to getting the floor solid

Then I'll be filling the driver's door with guts and installing it...

Once I get the pieces together for the front clip swap I will take the front clip off, clean the front suspension and paint it, do a final degrease and clean of the engine and paint that, and paint the exhaust manifolds. Then paint the firewall, install the HEI with new wires, and then put the new front clip on. Will be a little while because we have our third little one on the way next week....

For now I'm focusing on cab rust repair, looking for a good bench or cheap buckets and will do some painting and soundproofing in the cab once the rust is fixed. Then will install the "new" used mat from Lolife99 and the "new" used steering wheel after I fix that....and install a new dash pad after painting the top of the dash satin black.

The other side project will be the tach vac dash. I won't be doing air ride now ....I can see myself going too crazy with it....so I will be sticking with a static drop. The truck rides great now....steering has play but it's manual and I have a power steering pump I'll also swap in while the front clip is off

So....that's all I have planned for now