The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Street Sweeper

Big Block Tubular Mounts

OK - so I've been reading up on the motor mounts/perches some of you have used to install your BBC's in these trucks (thanks, by the way - this site is great - and you guys are so knowledgable). I decided to go with tubular mounts from Performance On Line. I know I have to trim the top flange of the frame to make them fit. I also know that those of you that I've been able to find on here that have used them - have mounted them in the rear holes (like the POL "instructions" say you can).

Before I start grinding on my frame I just wanted to see if anyone has had any issues mounting these things that I need to be aware of going in (maybe I should have asked before I bought them - right?).

I'm a little concerned that I won't have enough of the bottom pad on the crossmember in the rearward position (see pics). I'm also a little concerned about distributor/firewall clearance (I really don't want to have to hack up my firewall if I can keep from it).

I guess I'm just looking for some confirmation / reassurance from those of you that have used them -

1) Mounting in the rear holes is best - right? (OK, keep it clean . . . ) -
2) Contact on the crossmember will give me the support I need for the BBC, right? -
3) Mounting in this location won't create firewall clearance issues -
4) Did you only use one bolt on the bottom pad - or drill a second one? -
5) There really is "no replacement for displacement" - so I should go ahead and do this - right?
Attached Images

Street Sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote