The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Sniperinhisname

Need a quick answer

Hey all, im looking at a 1985 crew cab that was originally a single rear wheel but was made a dually with arrowcraft adapters. he has done a frame up restoration on put in a 350 crate motor with 10k on it. brand new th400 and np205, rebuild the dana 60 and 14bff. new gm oem fenders inner and outter and new cab corners and rocker panels. i crawled under it for a good 30 minutes and there was no rust what so ever. it also has a huge aftermarket tranny cooler and a nice custom hidden winch bumper setup (minus winch).
Now the bad. Needs rear driveshaft hooked up, needs a throttle cable, needs an o ring for the power booster for the hydroboost brakes (one of the lines leaks when you fire it up.) Needs a radiator, and the dash put back together (he has all new gm parts to do that with). oh and needs exhaust ran. it just has long tube headers. it also needs a bed but i found one for 500 bucks and its it MINT condition. oh and its about four different colors.
but thats fine cause i was going to paint it with interlux brightside.
He wants 2200 for the truck as it sits and about 600 bucks worth of OEM emblems and 2 more big boxes of parts comes with it. it will cost me 200 bucks to get the bed moved to the truck so i can put it on and 275 to get the whole truck back home (i don't have a truck). so all in all i would have about 3500 bucks in a close to new 1985 4x4 crew cab dually. what do you guys think? is it worth it with all the hassle?
Sniperinhisname is offline   Reply With Quote